You’re walking home from a great night at a party where you met someone you really like. You’re thinking about them and what could come from the spark. In the midst of your contemplation, you spot a license plate that starts with the numbers 111. Your eyes widen and your heart jumps a little because didn’t you read somewhere that repeating numbers are a “sign”? What does this mean?! Is this a message that you and this cutie are “meant to be”?
What’s an angel number?
Well, you’re right about one thing. Repeating numbers (like 111) or numbers that appear in a significant sequence (like 1234) do mean something, and they’re referred to as “angel numbers.”
When do you see angel numbers?
Whenever you spot an angel number at a crucial moment in time (like while asking an important question, freaking out about something, or asking for a sign), you can be sure an angel just dropped you a wink and a kiss. You can see numbers anywhere—on a license plate, house number, even the receipt for your morning iced coffee.
Why are angel numbers special?
Angel numbers are a sign from the divine (whatever you call it—God, a source, your higher self, the universe, etc.) that you’re on the right track. They’re a cosmic nudge affirming that whatever is occurring in your life is meant to be and you’re close to a new beginning.
To get back to you and this cutie from the party, 111 on a license plate is a sign that you’re on the right track in being vulnerable and showing up for love. It’s like the universe is nudging you to keep going and telling you that you’re supported. If you were to have seen a different number, the message might be different because on top of the repetition itself containing meaning, individual numbers all have their own significance too.
The meaning of each digit of an angel number
Let’s get into the meaning of each individual digit of an angel number:
- 1: Repeating 1s are a sign of divine support. You’re moving into a new phase of life and self-actualization. It’s paramount that you trust yourself and your guides.
- 2: Catching 2s is symbolic of a coming together of some sort—like a reunion or a new union. Seeing 2s is a message to open yourself more deeply to love and camaraderie.
- 3: Repeating 3s are a sign to trust yourself, your magic, and your wisdom. It’s a message to stand strong and be clear about what you want for yourself and your life.
- 4: Seeing 4s is a sign you need to ground yourself. You’re receiving support to get clear on your foundation. This is a time for completion and balance.
- 5: Repeating 5s are a symbol of transformation. You’re undergoing or about to undergo dramatic changes, and you’re being asked to embrace the chaos.
- 6: Now, 6s have a tough reputation for being associated with evil (think 666), but this number just doesn’t care (cue Joan Jett and the Blackhearts’ “Bad Reputation”). The number 6 will appear when you’re looking outside of yourself too much for answers. It’s a message that you need to go within. Get back to the basics and breathe.
- 7: Seeing 7s (sounds like a great indie band name) is your divine message to dig deeper into the spiritual and esoteric. This number is a signal to step up your spiritual game.
- 8: Next up, 8s are heavy hitters, appearing when a major cycle in your life has come to an end. They mean that it’s time to let go, surrender, and trust the process.
- 9: The last of the single digits, 9 is a sign that you are up-leveling and need to act accordingly. When 9s come knocking, it’s time to turn to learning and teaching, knowing that you’re supported in expanding your mind.
- 10: In numerology, you add digits to each other, so 10s break down to a 1 (because 1 + 0 = 1). But 10s are an extra-big deal. This is the number of mastery and completion. You’ve hit the nail on the head with where you are, what you’re doing, and how you’re doing it, and the next level is on the horizon.
- 11: Yeah, you know 11:11 is “lucky”—11 is probably the best-known angel number because double digits of the same number are seen as “master numbers.” Seeing an 11 is like seeing a 10 taken up a notch. It’s a sign of ascension to new spiritual heights.
Common angel numbers and their meanings
While there are many, many angel numbers out there, some are better-known than others. Below, a guide to some angel numbers you might see.
Angel number 000 is a powerful symbol of change, symbolizing new beginnings and the start of a journey.
Angel number 111 signifies that things in your life are coming into divine alignment.
Angel number 1111 gives you confirmation that everything is on schedule and divinely guided in your world.
Angel number 222 is associated with balance, collaboration, love, and harmony.
Angel number 2222 is sometimes described as “the cosmic wealth sequence.” This number is a reminder from your angels that you are a determined and hardworking individual who is making great progress.
The angel number 333 is associated with femininity, creativity, and intuition. When you come across this angel number, think of it as a friendly love note to stop worrying so much.
Angel number 444 means that your angels are nearby. Yes, even more so than other angel numbers!
Angel number 555 is a message that transformation is incoming.
Angel number 666 means you might be over-focusing on something trivial to the point that you’re losing sight of what’s really most important.
Angel number 777 means that you are heading in a new direction in your life, experiencing things you haven’t yet.
Angel number 888 means that you’ve been doing some serious manifestation work, and your affirmations are about to pay off.
Angel number 999 tells you that closure is on its way. You’re nearing the end of a cycle and preparing to begin a new one.
Angel number 1010 asks you to be careful and deliberate about what you set out to manifest.
Angel number 1133 means that you have a strong intuition and the ability to influence others.
Angel number 1144 means that everything is in divine alignment and in your favor, but you can make the process much smoother if you have your worldly affairs in order.
Angel number 1222 means that you’re at a lucky time and position in your life.
Angel number 1234 demonstrates that you are in a building phase in your life.
Angel number 1515 tells you that positive, inspiring changes are coming soon. Be open to the possibilities.
Angel number 212 is associated with a moment of peace. It’s a signal for you to relax and enjoy where you are right now, because things are about to change.
Angel number 404 carries a crucial message: You are supported by the spiritual realm, and your guiding angels can help you tap into our potential.
Angel number 616 asks you to find a balance in your life, particularly between the spiritual and the practical.
Angel number 711 asks you to relax into where you are in your life now, and to move through the world as if you are lucky and protected. Now is the time to put yourself out there and go after what you want.
Angel number 808 tells you that you’re entering a period in your life that’s about to be filled with security, influence, and lucrative resources.
What should you do when you see an angel number?
Whenever you see any angel number, you can simply take it as a sign of support and affirmation that you’re on the right track. Angel numbers confirm our relationship with the divine—they’re a reassurance that someone or something is always listening.So the next time you see an angel number, breathe and then offer a little nod or a prayer of gratitude! Let it be a reminder that you are never alone and that the divine mystery of the universe always has your back.
Jaliessa Sipress is an Astrologer, writer, and artist committed to making spirituality and self-care simple. Her focus is on life-purpose and cultivating mental and emotional clarity to create lasting change in all areas of life. You can find out more about her and her work at jaliessasipress.com.